Student Volunteers required for Environment related Projects
Opportunity for learning and carrying out research for dissertation and detailed project work at grassroots level under guidance from project implementing organisations under Network of Environment NGOs. (Supported by Delhi Greens)
1. The Vigyan Vijay Foundation (Er. Ajit Seshadri)
2. Parkash Environmental Group (Mr. O.P. Singh)
3. Indian Pollution Control Association (Mr. Ashish Jain)
Projects covered come under different environmental categories with specific reference to under mentioned concepts and inferences:
1. Solutions for storm-water drainage with rain water harvesting for storage and re-use and also for recharge to ground water at site.
2. Youth volunteers to work on spreading Eco-Water Literacy for conservation and optimize available water supply.
3. Waste water from urban drains recycled for reuse at colony gardens provides an alternate water supply and eases river pollution in urban environment.
4. ‘Waste to wealth’ programmes with initiatives on campus solid waste management with composting of bio-wastes, and educational programs for students, RWA Societies etc. at model sites viz. Botanic Garden at Noida (MoEF Project, Govt. of India)
5. Creation of ‘Eco-Park’- Centre for Environmental Excellence at Institutions with working models on water, waste, greens and appropriate environmental upgradation and for propagation.
Interested students are required to submit an abstract in 300 words through email, explaining the intention of their study and objectives/ outcomes expected to be gained etc. with a detailed CV.
This notification can also be read here.