They call it “global” warming for a reason. Over the next 8 months, 350.org aims to spark a truly international movement to confront the climate crisis. The 350.org team is composed of organizers from every continent (except Antarctica) and we work with hundreds of organizations around the world. In preparation for an International Day of Climate Action this October 24, we are looking to hire a number of Multi-lingual South Asia Organizing Interns to help us recruit and support event organizers in the South Asia region.
Multi-lingual South Asia Organizing Intern
Location: Delhi, India
Duration: July – October, 2009
Stipend – $400 US/month (approx. Rs. 19,200/-)
Responsibilities will include: outreach to organizations in their native language; communication with event organizers; social networking outreach; materials development; translation and interpretation; and more. An ideal candidate for this position will have a variety of skills, including:
- Multi-lingual (two South Asian Languages on top of English)
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and people skills;
- Experience working as part of a team;
- Capacity to multi-task and work nimbly, balancing multiple priorities and interruptions;
- Understanding of, interest in, and experience with projects that have a focus on sustainability, social change, advocacy. A knowledge of environmental activities in different countries is a major plus;
- Translation and interpretation experience;
More than anything, we are looking for multi-lingual candidates who are passionate and are willing to work hard for a cause they believe in. As an intern, you’ll be joining an international team of young organizers. Whether you are interested in environmental politics, non-profit management, translation and interpretation, or online advocacy, we will be able to help develop your skills over the course of the summer and introduce you to new opportunities in any of the aforementioned fields.
We strongly encourage all applicants to have access to their own internet-enabled laptop or computer that can remain in a 350.org office in Delhi. If that is not an option for you, but you are still interested in the position, do let us know in advance.
Applications, including a resume and a brief letter explaining your interests in the campaign, must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by April 26, 2009.