Development Alternatives, a non-profit organisation established in 1983 creating large scale sustainable livelihoods is organising a Capacity Building Series (2008- 09) for Experiential field based training on Renewable Energy Sources as Business Opportunities
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING
Three days training program would help the participants to acquire knowledge about various alternative sources of energy in regards to the energy generation and its application for different purposes. Following areas would be covered in detail:–
- Solar Air Heating Systems and their applications for drying of Agricultural crops, vegetables, fruits etc.
- Solar Air Heating Systems and their applications for heating of buildings.
- Solar Water Heating systems and their applications in various Industries, like textiles, paper, distillery, pharmaceutical etc.
- Solar cooking
- Solar Furnace
- Solar Thermal Power generation
- Solar Photovoltaic Applications
- Biomass briquetting , gasification and biogas
- Waste utilization
- Wind energy, microhydel and other sources of energy generation.
- Current trends of business and role of energy
- Marketing and sales
- After sales service
- Operation and maintenance
- Renovation and modernization
- Managerial expertise
Dates: 28-30 May’09
Venue: TARAgram, Appropriate Technology Centre, Orchha, Madhya Pradesh
Dr. JANARDAN PRASAD KESARI: Dr. Kesari has done his B.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering from I.I.T. Kharagpur in 1977 followed by Master of Engineering in Energy systems from Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok in 1979.. He obtained his PhD in 1983 in solar energy from Toulouse, France and also got his Post doctorate in renewable energy from the Centre Nationale de la Recherche Scientifique, (CNRS), Paris, France in 1985.He has over 30 years of experience in various capacity as a Teacher, trainer, Researcher and Consultant.
He has worked with several institutes including The Energy & Resource Institute (TERI), Rajendra Agricultural University Pusa, Samastipur, Bihar, Mahatma Gandhi Institute for Combating Climate Change, Delhi, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. He has also worked as a fellow with several international institutes including Department of International Relations, CNRS, Paris, France & Solar Biotechnology Laboratory, Toulouse, France during his Post doctoral & doctoral Research work.
He has been trained and provides training in Solar Energy, Renewable Energy Sources, Renewable Energy Applications etc. He has presented many papers in various workshops/conferences on Solar Energy, Renewable Energy and other energy related topics/issues.
This programme is designed for Officers from Central & State governments, National/International Development Organizations, Corporate as well as CSR Professionals, Academic institutions, Business owners/entrepreneur and individuals who possess an interest in Renewable Energy Sources.
Fee: INR 9,500/- per participant for Indian Participants, INR 12,000/- (240 USD) for Overseas Participants. The Training fee covers accommodation, food, course material and leisure trip to the famous Orchha Temples and Fort
- Knowledge and experience from the training
- Field Exposure and further learning
- Manuals and training material
- Networking opportunity for you
- And a visit to Orchha Temples and fort – a glimpse
Last Date for applying: May 25th, 2009
For more information and to register, contact:
TARA Livelihood Academy
111/9-Z, Kishangarh, Vasant Kunj,