Development Alternatives, a non-profit organisation established in 1983 creating large scale sustainable livelihoods is organising a Capacity Building Series (2008- 09) for A Result Oriented Approach to Livelihood Projects
India needs to generate at least 10 million new livelihood opportunities a year over the next 15 years to sustain its economy. Poverty is no longer a rural phenomenon and increasingly we find attention being focused on urban poor who are often the migrants. One also notices an increasing shift from agriculture to manufacturing and services sector. It is expected that traditional sources such as agriculture will have limited potential to generate new livelihoods.
Promoting livelihood in such a situation remains a challenge. This programme seeks to impart knowledge and skills on the tools and techniques used for identification, selection, preparation and appraisal of livelihood projects, their implementation, monitoring & control.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING
The programme objective is, enable participants to:
- Develop an understanding about identifying a livelihood intervention project and design a Livelihood Intervention Project
- Understand various Project Management tools
Outcome: At the end of the three day programme, the participants are expected to have:
- Learnt process and tools that can be used to identify livelihood intervention opportunities in farm and non farm sector
- Developed ability to design a livelihood project around livelihood as thematic area, and
- Learnt various Project Management tools
Dates: 12-14 June ’09
Venue: Institute of Social Science, 8 Nelson Mandela Road, New Delhi
The programme is meant for National and International Civil Society Leaders, Corporate Social Responsibility Professionals, Government Officials and Project Managers who are engaged in livelihood promotion initiatives.
Fee: INR 8,500/- per participant for Indian Participants, 250 USD for Overseas Participants. The Training fee covers accommodation, food, course material and leisure trip to the famous Orchha Temples and Fort
- Knowledge and experience from the training
- Manuals and training material
- Networking opportunity for you
- Tools that will help in your projects
Last Date for applying: June 8th, 2009 | Click here to Register
For more information and to register, contact:
TARA Livelihood Academy
111/9-Z, Kishangarh, Vasant Kunj,