Training: Particiapatory Planning & Decision Making Using GIS
TARA Livelihood Academy of Development Alternatives, a non-profit organisation established in 1983 creating large scale sustainable livelihoods is organising a Capacity Building Series (2008- 09) on Experiential field based training on Drinking Participatory Planning and Decision Making using – Geographical Information System (GIS).
Sustainable development is largely a replication of how people interact with the available natural resource base. Very often, environmental degradation is due to over population and poor socio-economic conditions. The need for proper monitoring and management has arisen to fulfill the targets of achieving sustainable development.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is an undeniable valuable tool for gathering and analyzing environmental information and helps in observing, measuring, mapping and monitoring of the Earths natural resources.
Objectives of the Training:
- To make participants understand the basics of Geographic Information System (GIS) and how it can facilitate in planning and decision making
- To acquaint them with tools, techniques and information that would be required to undertake GIS application in various thematic areas (NRM, Disaster Management, watershed development etc).
- To share DA’s experiences in using GIS for various development projects
The course is specially designed for professionals working in the development sector giving general scope and exposure to GIS and its applications in a modular structure with hands on experince on the latest software in twenty hours.
- Geographic Information System (GIS): Concepts
- Application of GIS
- GIS Implementation (how to develop the GIS cell in your organisation)
- Case Studies
Duration: 3 Days
- INR 9,500/- per participant for Indian Participants
- 250 USD for Overseas Participants
Date: 7th to 9th October 2009
Venue: Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
For more information and to register, contact: