Announcing: UK Environment Film Fellowships 2010
The UK Environment Film Fellowships have been awarded every year since 2005 to Indian environmental filmmakers, to create 12 minute impactful documentaries. Till date, 20 filmmakers have been awarded with these fellowships.
Every year, a theme is decided and filmmakers are encouraged to submit proposals for films which depict originality in research work in terms of topical relevance to the theme. Filmmakers identify and team-up with subject experts/ professionals/ institutions and work closely with them during the making of the film to ensure a well-researched and high quality film.
The purpose of UKEFF is to build capacity and encourage the environment filmmakers’ community in India. The films made by these filmmakers are important communication tools that drive awareness and action among viewers on the impacts and possible solutions for safeguarding the environment in India.
Themes for the 2010 fellowships:
- Climate Change and Cities focuses on the various aspects of climate change and how it particularly affects cities in India
- Climate Change and Water evokes to highlight the issues around this important resource
A filmmaker can submit more than one proposal based on any or both themes.
- work experience in filmmaking
- originality in research work and topical relevance to theme area
- capability to identify and build a team of subject expert/ professionals/ institutions to work closely
- deliver a well researched and high quality short film
Closing date for entries: 2nd November 2009
For more details on the fellowships, application form, submission procedure and for watching the award winning films of the past, please visit UKEFF 2010 British Council’s Environment Film Fellowships or contact:
737, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 002
Tel: 044 42050663