The Co-ordination Committee in Defense of Animals call upon all who believe in the sanctity, dignity and inviolability of life in all its forms and manifestations to a peaceful assemblage at Jantar Mantar, Parliament Street (New Delhi), on 24 April 2010 (Saturday) at 4.30 pm to express concern for the deterioration of Animal Rights and the escalating levels of cruelty towards animals.
Date: 24 April, 2010 (Saturday)
Time: 4.30 pm onwards
Venue: Jantar Mantar
The Rally has been organised with the following objectives in mind:
- To endorse the co-existence of humans and non-humans and to treat all living beings with respect and compassion
- To question the policies of making our urban spaces “Animal Free” zones and to strongly object against “developmental” models that destroys environment and eliminates natural animal habitats
- To prorogate the need for a massive, countrywide boost to the canine birth control program – the only effective method that can tangibly bring down stray dog population, scientifically plus humanely, and to denounce removal of community dogs from their respective territories
- To call for stern implementation of Cattle/Livestock Transport Rules; in addition to seeking abolition of cruelties meted out to cattle at stockyards, slaughterhouses and by cattle shuttlers
- To demand strong and effective action against illegal slaughter houses and that existing laws, punitive measures be strengthened to deter people from abusing animals
- To call for public action to save our animals from suffering and promote the emerging trend of caring for unsheltered animals
The Rally will witness the presence of eminent personalities from Delhi and would will motivate the participants with music and inspirational speeches.
For further information and to participate, contact: