The Department of Environment (DoE), Govt. of Delhi will be organizing the 8th Vacation Programme on Environment Resources (VEPR) for Eco-Club students, in association with Aravali Foundation for Education, with the objective to expose the students to various environmental issues. The Eco-Clubs Programme of the DoE is part of the National Green Corps (NGC) that has played an instrumental role in generating environmental awareness in the schools of college across the National Capital.
The programme is designed for students of Class VII and VIII and will be conducted in two batches, which will run concurrently for both Private and Government school (40 each). The structure of the programme is as follows:-
- Module 1 of VPER (comprising lectures and institutional/ field visits) will be conducted in December 2010.
- Module 2 (Outdoor Learning Camp) will be organized at a suitable location in the last week of March, 2011.
The selection of participants for the programme will be based on the performance in Objective Type and Written Test followed by (if required) a Group Discussion exercise. The applicants have to be nominated by the respective schools to appear in the written test and not more than 5 nominations per school will be accepted for the purpose of the written test. Schools may conduct an internal screening exercise to select suitable students to appear in the written test, which will be conducted in English as well as Hindi.
Last Date for Applying: 25th September 2010
- Date of Written Test: 31st October 2010
- Final Result will be declared on: 4th December 2010
- VPER Module 1 will take place from: 20th-31st December 2010
All the forms need to be routed through the school principal’s office and no more than 10 forms per schools will be accepted. Applicants should keep checking the DoE’s website for their Roll No., venue/time of the exam, etc. Only applicants who are shortlisted for group discussion will be informed individually. Those who have attended VPER in the past are NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
Completed application forms should be sent (before due date) to:
Dr. B.C. Sabata , SSO
Department of Environment
Govt. of NCT of Delhi, Level-6, C-Wing
Delhi Secretariat, I.P Estate, Delhi – 110002
Image source: DoE, GNCT
Previously on Delhi Greens:
- Nature Camp and Workshop on International Day of Biodiversity
- Call for an Eco-Clubs Unite at the University of Delhi
- Sanskriti School Calls for Eco-Clubs Unite Against Climate Change