Invite to Urban Ecotourism Bus Tour Exploring the Lifelines of Delhi
Have you ever touched the Yamuna? Have you ever entered the Ridge? Are you aware that not only are these two landscape features the life-lines of Delhi, they also provide critical ecosystem services to each one of us without which life would not be the same in the city. If you are, we invite you to come on board the urban ecotourism bus tour this Earth Day, to do a status check of the lifelines of Delhi. If you aren’t, hop on still and get introduced to the natural heritage around you. This Earth Day 2011, all of us must take out time to say a BIG THANK YOU to Mother Earth and all that it provides without asking for anything in return.
Time: 0930 hours
Venue: Delhi University (Vishwavidyalaya) Metro Station
Urban Ecotourism is a unique concept put forward by Delhi Greens for the city of Delhi with an objective of creating more effective and better informed citizens and highlighting the role and importance of green spaces and natural landscape in maintaining the environmental health of the city. There is no charge for joining the Earth Day 2011 urban ecotour and participation is free of cost. Registration confirmation will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. So hurry and get yourself registered for the Urban Ecotour and contribute your bit for making a healthier Planet, this Earth Day 2011.
For further information, visit: http://delhigreens.org/ecotour or write to
Previously on Delhi Greens Blog:
- 2007: Earth Day Greetings to All
- World Earth Day Celebrations: Candle Night Vigil to Save River Yamuna
- 2008:This Earth Day 2008: Don’t Just Recycle, Freecycle (Network) It!
- 2009: Earth Day Celebrated at Nehru Memorial Museum & Library, New Delhi
- 2010: Take an Earth Day Pledge: Energy Conservation Amidst the Heat of Delhi
- Saluting the Earth on Her Day!
- Celebrating Earth Day(s)!
- Heroes of IEEE Appreciated on Earth Day!