Delhi Greens wishes all its readers and subscribes a very Happy and Green Earth Day 2011. With environmental problems increasing by the day, and the challenge to ensure a pathway to sustainable development getting more complex, the need for taking local actions is now of utmost importance.
This Earth Day 2011, Delhi Greens urges all of you to plant at least one tree and contribute to the greening of the Planet. The Planet has always been busy working to ensure our survival and well being. On this day, the one day we dedicate to remind ourselves of the beautiful blue-green planet we call home, let us contribute our bit for our own survival, and the survival of generations to come.
On this day, let us remember the Planet, and Mother Nature, as the greatest magician of all times! We would like to share the following excerpt from the ‘Nature’s little magic tricks’ poem composed by Govind Singh:
We feel so surprised and thrilled,
When a magician brings back a woman, he just killed.
And when he takes out a rabbit, from an empty hat,
We just adore him and our senses lay flat.
Why then are we not amazed!?
To the magic, which we have always gazed.
For, even if they are not, what every theater picks.
But they are still, ‘nature’s little magic tricks.’
Here are some of the local actions you can start doing on this day:
- Grow a tree. You may think there is no space around, but you will find it when you go looking for it!
- Save water as and when you can. It is the one resource on the Planet critical to our survival. Take the BE WATER WISE pledge.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle and keep a check on your ecological footprint.
- Use public transport and help reduce the use of fossil fuel. You can also save energy by buying BEE labelled products that save energy.
- Spread the green message. Involve others with you. Get your community together to say a BIG THANK YOU to the Planet! 🙂