Applications Open for ASEF Summer University on Sustainable Urbanisation in Heritage Cities
From the ASEF archive: Polish students learn how to cook Indonesian food, a great way to get to know Indonesian culture with Indonesia artists.
The Asia Europe Foundation (ASEF) invites youth between the age of 18 and 30 years to explore the synergies between sustainable urbanisation and heritage preservation by joining a dynamic two-week ASEF Summer University programme which will include dialogue-sessions with leading experts, hands-on workshops and a hack-a-thon.
The 19th ASEF Summer University will take place in Pune, India between 9 and 21 August, 2015 and is themed on Sustainable Urbanisation in Heritage Cities. The organisers, which include ASEF; Ministry of External Affairs (Government of India); INTACH and Symbiosis International University, will grant a financial subsidy for selected participants which will cover transportation and travel costs. In addition, accommodation and meals will be provided throughout the project period.
Apply to ASEF and grab your chance to be part of a team of students and young professionals from 51 ASEM member countries and co-create digital and physical prototypes, business plans and social impact models in close collaboration with the local community for ensuring sustainable urbanisation.
- Citizen of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) member countries
- Students and young professionals between 18 and 30 years old
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Willing and able to actively participate in the pre-event preparatory and post-event follow-up activities
Travel & Accommodation:
- Travel subsidy for the most direct connection will be provided for participants based outside of Pune, India (amount will be announced to the selected participants in the confirmation email)
- Accommodation and meals will be provided during the 19th ASEF Summer University
- Visa and insurance fees are to be included in the capped subsidy
Click here to apply for the 19th ASEF Summer University. Last date for applying is Tuesday, 30 June 2015.
For any further information, contact: