Call for Application for 2nd ASEF Young Leaders Summit, Korea
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) Young Leaders Summit (ASEFYLS) invites applications for the second edition of the ASEFYLS. The Second Edition of the ASEFYLS is aimed at young thinkers and doers for dismantling the conventional and to bring forward fresh ideas and solutions for a more inclusive, fair and accessible employment market for the youth.
Themed Access to Youth Employment, ASEFYLS2 will contribute to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular goal 4 (on education), 5 (on gender equality), 8 (on decent work) and 9 (on industry and innovation). The project focuses on 8 thematic areas linked to job-creation and inclusion: 1) age, 2) education, 3) disability, 4) finance, 5) gender, 6) location, 7) social backgrounds and 8) technology.
Date: 4-8 May 2017
Venue: Seoul, Korea
ASEFYLS2 is as an experiential space and networking hotspot where 150 young minds from 51 ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) countries meet influential leaders from Asia and Europe. The programme is designed to nourish a constructive exchange of ideas and good practices, hands-on skills development and concludes with a Call for Action addressed to the ASEM Education Ministers.
The 2nd ASEF Young Leaders Summit (#ASEFYLS2) is an arena for idea creators and action leaders to discuss, propose and present solutions linked to the challenges of youth employment.
The ASEFYLS2 line-up of speakers, panelists and mentors includes top-tier policy makers, thought-provoking academics, daring entrepreneurs and civil society advocates. As a highlight of the summit, personal interactions between the youth participants and the ASEM Leaders/ Delegations are also arranged during the event.
ASEFYLS2 is your unusual suspect of youth conferences, as it offers:
- A rare melting pot of professionally, academically, and culturally diverse participants from 51 Asian and European countries
- Direct engagement with Education Ministers attending the ASEM ME6, where selected participants will present the jointly drafted Call for Action on Access to Youth Employment
- An experiential platform for young leaders to learn from top-tier business representatives and academics, as well as opportunity to join skills-centred workshops
- A collaborative environment to explore and propose solutions to 8 thematic angles on Access to Youth Employment: age, education, disability, finance, gender, location, social backgrounds, and technology.
- Contribute to the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) process and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), in particular goal 4 (on education), 5 (gender equality) and 8 (on decent work)
Accommodation, meals and a travel subsidy will be provided for the selected participants.
Click here to download the Call for Applications and to apply.