Volunteer With CSE, Be a Green Inspector
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) invites people to participate in its Green Rating programme. Under this programme, CSE rates industries based on their environmental performance. Information for the programme is collected directly from the industries as well as from other secondary sources such as State Pollution Control Board (SPCB)s, local newspapers and NGOs.
CSE has already rated four sectors – Pulp and Paper (1999 and 2004), Automobile (2001), Chlor-Alkali (2002) and Cement (2005). It has currently initiated the ‘Cross Sectoral rating programme to assess the energy and water efficiency’ of top 200 corporate across the country.
For this project and for future sectoral ratings, CSE is setting up a network of Green Inspectors. You too can be part of the Green Rating project as the Green Inspector. Once you become a part of the network, CSE will approach you based on your location and proximity of an industrial facility in the Project sample.
Role of Green Inspectors:
- Collection of secondary information from State Pollution Control Board, local newspaper, NGOs, etc
- Survey of the Industrial units
- Meeting with all stakeholders of the unit – regulators, villagers, NGOs
- Photo documentation of the visit, compilation and preparation of report
Who can be a Green Inspector?
- Environmental NGOs
- Environmental Engineers from industries
- Anyone interested and wants to contribute to environmental protection
Depending on the project, the work will require 3-7 days. Cross-sectoral programme would require less time as compared to the sectoral rating. If you think you have it in you to be the Green Inspector and want to contribute by becoming a part of this project, please send your brief profile at email@example.com
For further details, contact:
Nivit Kumar Yadav
Assistant Coordinator – GRP Industry and Environment Unit