TARA Livelihood Academy of Development Alternatives, a non-profit organisation established in 1983 creating large scale sustainable livelihoods is organising a training onValue Creation Through Renewable Energy Models.
With a strong industrial base and successful commercialization of technologies in wind, spv, solar thermal, small hydel, biogas and improved biomass stoves, India is in a position today to offer state of the art technology to other developing countries and play a leading role in the global movement towards sustainable energy development. India has well equipped institutions which organize training courses and provide technical assistance to managers and technicians of other developing countries who can then fabricate and install RE plants.
Training for trainers is also undertaken so that they can formulate projects, implement and manage them. India, as one of the pioneers in the area of Renewable Energy Technologies, has the competitive edge in terms of prices when compared to other international players providing renewable energy equipments and services. Today’s technological advancements have developed more efficient means of harnessing and using renewable energy sources, and these sources are gaining increasing popularity. They offer us alternatives to non-renewable energy sources, such as nuclear, oil, coal, and natural gas which can cause acid rain and may contribute to the overall warming of Earth’s atmosphere known as the greenhouse effect.
The more we use renewable energy, the more we benefit the environment, strengthen our energy security, create jobs locally, and help improve our economy.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING:
- To make participants aware and understand Value Creation through Renewable Energy
- To make participants understand the concept of energy based businesses and its applications.
- To acquaint them with tools, techniques and information that would be required to conceptualise, develop and implement such innovative programmes in the area of Renewable energy and natural resource management
- To share DA’s experiences in energy generation and its application for various purposes.
PEDAGOGY: The following techniques would be used to conduct the training program.
- Lectures/interactive sessions
- Group Discussions
- Case studies/Group exercises
- Brainstorming sessions/ Experience sharing
- Training Support materials/ Handouts
- Power-point Presentations
Dates: 18 to 20 December, 2009
Venue: TARAgram, Appropriate Technology Centre, Orchha, Madhya Pradesh
This programme is designed for Officers from Central & State governments, National/International Development Organizations, Corporate as well as CSR Professionals, Academic institutions, Business owners/entrepreneur and individuals who possess an interest in Renewable Energy Sources.
FEE: INR 9,500 per participant | INR 12,000/- (240 USD) for Overseas Participants
Last Date for applying: December 15th, 2009
For more information and to register, contact:
TARA Livelihood Academy
111/9-Z, Kishangarh, Vasant Kunj,