Commutiny: Chai, Charcha and Change Fellowship Programme
The Youth Collective, a collective focusing on promoting involvement of youth in social change, is looking for young people to carry forward and be part of the ‘Commutiny‘.
Commutiny is a year-long fellowship programme offered by The Youth Collective to support young people strengthen their passion for creating a better world, ignite change within their own selves and lead social change on their own terms.
As a Commutiny Fellow, young people will gain platforms to question, understand and explore complex social issues and analyse their effects on human and natural worlds. They will gain opportunities to work closely with other young people who have similar passions and be navigated by leaders in the social sector and other fields.
Communtiny Fellows will also avail of a year-long financial support (between May 2009 and April 2010) to implement a social change initiative that they are passionate about.
YC encourages all young people, who come with a sharp social concern and entrepreneurial ability, to apply.
For this year, YC is also seeking to support selected social change projects located in the realm of the Media.
Who Can Apply
A: YOUNG PERSONS between ages 20-27,
- Who are already making a difference in their/other communities
- Who have ideas of change initiatives that address diverse areas of social transformation in any specific community and include issues of particular concern to the young
- Who have change ideas addressing and/or working through the print, electronic or new media; formulated within, or moving beyond the classifications of mainstream or alternative media.
Demonstrated experience in issue based media campaigns and /or community based media projects shall make you a preferred candidate.
- In case of applicants already working with an organization, we encourage you to be transparent about the application process and we shall need to develop an understanding with your organization prior to final selection.
- We welcome your engagement in Commutiny through sabbaticals from your current organizations.
All applicants must have:
- comfort in speaking and writing in Hindi or English
- entrepreneurial ability
- ability to ‘walk their talk’
- openness to learn
- spirit of collaboration and working as a team
- intent to dialogue
- appreciation of the principles of diversity and non-violence
- readiness to commit 1 year’s full time engagement with the proposed project
Last Date for applying: December 28th, 2008
For more information, contact
The Commutiny Learning and Leadership Journey
COMMUTINY- THE YOUTH COLLECTIVE
11/8, Nehru Enclave East
Kalkajee, New Delhi 110019
5 thoughts on “Commutiny: Chai, Charcha and Change Fellowship Programme”
I am working for the empowerment of dalit’s women’s and poor people in rural sector. I want to your participation in our field.
I am interested for Joining the fellowship programme . Do let me know about fellowship programme 2010.
I am interested for Joining the leadership programme . Pl send me the application form.
i am an englsih copywriter with an ad agency based in okhla. do let me know if i can be a part of this fellowship programme while continuing my work.i am very keen on bringing about environment awareness amongst people.