Green Consumer Day: Make the Right Choice
On the occasion of Green Consumer Day, it is time to think and re-think of what we buy, how and the impact it has on us and on our common environment. Motivated by the universal need that has arisen, it is the day to carefully list down individual ways in which all of us can make a difference.
Some Green Buying Tips to Keep in Mind:
- Walk or cycle to your marketplace
- Find out where your food comes from. Read, Research, Investigate!
- Buy local, always
- When buying, make the intelligent choice keeping your ecological footprint in mind
- Buy only when (and what) you really need to. The best way to be a green consumer is by not having to buy anything at all!
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. And Freecycle!
Remember, the choices we make today have a long shelf life and an even longer half life! It not buying can stop the killing, buy responsibly can indeed take us into a sustainable future.
Image Modified from The Green Daily