Film Making Competition on Swacch Bharat Mission
The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India invites entries for National Short Films competition under the title, Swachhata Filmon ka Amrit Mahotsav. This is being organised under Phase 2 of Swachh Bharat Mission-Grameen (SBMG) and in celebration of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
Themes for Participation and Award Details
There are two categories and many themes you can choose to make short film and participate. You may send as many entries as you like.
The two categories are:
- Thematic Category i.e. based on six components of the Swachh Bharat Mission Phase 2, or ODF Plus.
- Geographic Category i.e. focused on a geographic terrain. In this category the film should capture a holistic Swachhata messages or provide innovative solutions related to solid and/ or liquid waste management (SLWM) in rural areas.
Under Category 1 (Thematic category), you can make a short film on either of the following themes defined under ODF Plus in rural setting.
- Bio-degradable waste management (BWM)
- Plastic Waste Management (PWM)
- Greywater management (GWM)
- Faecal Sludge management (FSM)
- Behaviour Change
Cash prizes in the category 1 for each of the above six themes are as under:
- First Prize: Rs 1,60,000
- First Runner Up prize: Rs 60,000
- Second Runner Up prize: Rs 30,000
Under Category 2 (Geographic Category), you are required to make a film that captures a holistic swachhata message or provides a technical solution for solid and /or liquid waste management in rural areas. However, these swachhata messages or solutions should be specific to following five geographical areas:
- Desert Areas
- Hilly Areas
- Coastal Areas
- Flood prone Areas
Cash prizes in the Category 2 for each of the above five geographical areas are as under:
- First Prize: Rs 2,00,000
- First Runner Up prize: Rs 1,20,000
- Second Runner Up prize: Rs 80,000
The national level awardees in both the Categories will be felicitated with a certificate and above mentioned cash award in a National SBM Ceremony at New Delhi later this year.Film duration to be between 1 minute and 5 minutes. Last date for applying is 30 June 2021, so hurry!
Click here to read the rules and regulations.
To apply, the film has to be uploaded on YouTube with a valid and active email id. The upload link needs to be filled up in participation form on www.mygov.in competition link (click here).