Mera India: Bridge the Gap Contest
Unnati Features and Women’s Features Services invite the youth of India to take the challenge, and be the change! Enter the Mera India, Bridge the Gap contest
By 2015, India has pledged to achieve the following eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs):
- Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- Achieve universal primary education
- Promote gender equality and women’s empowerment by eliminating gender disparity in schools
- Reduce the child mortality rate
- Reduce the maternal mortality rate
- Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- Ensure environment sustainability
- Develop global partnership for development
As an Indian, your role should be to assess the shortcomings and challenges that lie before us, and be ready with ideas and innovation on how our country can achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
How to Enter
- You should be an Indian citizen between the ages of 18 to 35 years.
- The first step is to register with the organisers at email@example.com with your name and Email ID.
- You must acquaint yourself with the Millennium Development Goals.
- Then rank the following 10 constituents on a scale of 10 to 1, in their order of importance for the achievement of the MDGs. The category you feel is more important figures higher on the scale.
- Corporate leaders
- Elected representatives
- Government officials
- Health personnel
- The Judiciary
- The Media
- The Youth
- Tell us what you think are the most important things to be done towards achieving the MDGs. You may choose from the following formats to express yourself:
- A 1000-word essay
- Or a pictorial strip
- Or a film not longer than five minutes using a mobile phone or digital camera.
- Every contestant must enclose a birth certificate and a statement certifying that the work submitted is original.
- Each contestant can send in only one entry. Entries from teams comprising not more than three persons would also be considered, provided that the oldest member in the team is not more than 35 years.
- Entries should be sent in an envelope marked ‘Mera India, Bridge the Gap’ to Women’s Feature Service, G-69 Second Floor, Nizamuddin West, New Delhi –110013.
- Entries can also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a scanned birth certificate and statement certifying that the work is original.
1st prize – Rs. 75,000 | 2nd prize – Rs. 50,000 | 3rd prize – Rs. 25,000
Each entry would be judged on its content, its innovative nature and the practicability of the ideas suggested. The jury will be a panel of independent persons well known in their respective fields. Prize winners will be invited to a special awards function in New Delhi and your ideas will be shared with policy makers, civil society leaders and people in various fields who can make a difference.
Last Date for receiving entries: October 5th, 2009