FAT: Workshop for Women on Social Media for Nonprofits
With the objective of empowering women through technology, Feminist Approach to Technology (FAT) is organising a three day workshop for women on “Online Campaigns and Social Media for Nonprofits”.
You’ve probably already heard about using social media as a powerful tool for social change. Maybe you already set up a Facebook profile and have even braved Twitter, but are you really understanding how to use these tools effectively? We’ll walk you though planning your social media goals and how to measure the outcomes. Whether you are looking to recruit new volunteers, energize existing supporters, inform donors or just market your cause, we’ll talk about ways to get there.
Objective of the Workshop:
This workshop is for women working in the development sector (associated with a non-profit organization or working individually) to learn how to plan and execute online campaigns using social media and other online tools.
- Strategizing online campaigns
- Integrating online tools into your communication and fundraising plans
- Website best practices, including synchronizing with social media outreach
- Best practices for a range of social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, etc.)
- Other interactive tools, such as email blasts, discussion forums, fundraising widgets etc.
- Creating a social media strategy for your organization
- Learning how to use analytical tools to measure online results
- You’ll receive hands-on practice
- Social Media Strategist Lisa Hodges (Joint Leap Technologies) will be leading the workshop
- Experienced activists will share their knowledge, including guest speakers Pramada Menon, queer feminist activist from Delhi, and Sanjukta Basu, Breakthrough, who will share her experience with the successful “Bell Bajao” campaign
APPLICATIONS SOLICITED FROM:
Women working towards a social cause, whether associated with a non-profit organization or working individually. Applicants should have basic computer literacy. The workshop will be conducted in English.
Participants are expected to contribute Rs. 3000 towards the cost of the workshop. This will cover equipment, food and snacks, resource material and resource fee. Participants are expected to bring their own laptop. Outstation participants will have to arrange for their own stay and travel.
Thanks to Sarai for generously providing the space for the workshop. Limited scholarships available.
HOW TO APPLY:
REGISTRATION CLOSES ON: 7th December, 2009
For further information, please contact:
Feminist Approach to Technology (FAT)
A 6/1, Ground Floor, Adhchini
P.O: Malviya Nagar
Near: Punjab National Bank, Sarvodaya Enclave
New Delhi 110017, Phone number: +91-11-46595829
About the Author
2 Comments on “FAT: Workshop for Women on Social Media for Nonprofits”
Write a Comment
Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!