350.org: Delhi Staff Annoucement!
350.org is an international grassroots campaign that aims to mobilize a global climate movement united by a common call to action. By spreading an understanding of the science and a shared vision for a fair policy, 350.org works to ensure that the world creates bold and equitable solutions to the climate crisis.
In preparation for an International Day of Climate Action this October 24, we are looking to hire a Delhi-based staff member to join our South Asia team to help us connect with new partners across the region, develop and maintain more online communities in the region, and work with our intern team to recruit and support event organizers in the region.
South Asia Co-coordinator – Delhi, India
Duration: June – December, 2009
Stipend – Attractive and Negotiable
Responsibilities will include: outreach to organizations and ongoing partnership development; communication with event organizers; social networking outreach; materials development; translation and interpretation; intern and volunteer management; communications with media outlets; communication and coordination with the global 350 team; possible regional travel and presentations; and more. An ideal candidate for this position will have a variety of skills, including:
- Multi-lingual (at least one South Asia Languages on top of English, preferably more)
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and people skills;
- Experience working as part of a team;
- Experience working for social change;
- Experienced presenting on the subject of climate change and social change;
- Capacity to multi-task and work nimbly, balancing multiple priorities and interruptions;
- Understanding of, interest in, and experience with projects that have a focus on sustainability, social change, advocacy. A knowledge of environmental activities in different countries is a major plus;
- Experience with volunteer management;
- Experience with online communications tools and websites;
- Translation and interpretation experience is a plus;
More than anything, we are looking for multi-lingual candidates who are willing to work hard for a cause they believe in. As a 350 staff member, you’ll be joining an international team of young organizers. Whether you are interested in environmental politics, non-profit management, translation and interpretation, or online advocacy, we will be able to help develop your skills over the course of the 6 months and introduce you to new opportunities in any of the aforementioned fields.
We strongly encourage all applicants to have access to their own Internet-enabled laptop or computer that can remain in a 350.org office in Delhi. If that is not an option for you, but you are still interested in the position, please just let us know.
Applications, including a resume a brief letter explaining your interests in the campaign, must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.