Painting Competition by Art of Living on Clean Delhi
The Delhi chapter of The Art of Living is organising a massive inter-school painting competition involving over 6,00,000 participating children from the MCD and NDMC schools across Delhi NCR. Organized on the occasion of Earth Day on April 22nd 2010, the painting competition is themed “MY CLEAN DREAM DILLI/ Mere Sapnon Ki Saaf Dillli”.
Every effort has been made by the Art of Living volunteers, even in the scorching heat, to make this event more grand to ensure maximum participation for a clean Delhi. The participating students will also take a child warriors pledge and not just paint a clean and beautiful Delhi but also take responsibility of:
- Ensuring dustbins are properly used and no littering is allowed in public spaces
- Using paper/cloth bags instead of polythene bags
- Ensuring plastics and non-degradable material is not disposed in the Yamuna
- Discouraging people from spitting in public places
- Creating awareness amongst others to keep “Meri Dilli” clean
The Art of Living has previously launched a city-wide Meri Dilli Meri Yamuna campaign which was inaugurated by H.H. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar from the lawns of Purana Qila.
For further information and to participate, contact:
Image courtesy V Shankar Srinivasan via Facebook
One thought on “Painting Competition by Art of Living on Clean Delhi”
This is a very initiative taken by The Art of Living foundation for clean Rivers…