Photo Competition on Clean Air India by Habitat Centre
India Habitat Centre, New Delhi is inviting entries for a Clean Air India Photo Contest to help create an image of change through photos submitted by citizens.
We all know about the growing air pollution in our cities and villages. We can visualise it in our minds and give it words in detail. We are all acutely concerned about it. But can we visualise and bring alive, through the camera, India and its people in the clean air conditions we aspire to? Can we capture the inspiring realities of change brought about by our country’s efforts to make our air breathable?
This is the central idea of this photo contest which aims to trigger hope, with images of an India that point towards what the country should be aspiring and aiming for as a result of its national air pollution control policies and actions. The Photo Contest is jointly sponsored by India Habitat Centre, Centre for Science and Environment and Collaborative Clean Air Policy Center.
Submissions to this contest can be made in three categories in each of the two technology groups (General and Student Mobile Phone).
- Striking change with and without pollution, taken of the same scene in India. These “before and after” pairs will be considered as a single entry.
- Experience of clean air within an Indian city.
- An inspiring photo of clean air outside cities in India.
- Winners will be awarded in two technology groups – one for general photographers using whatever equipment they wish and the other for students using a mobile phone camera. Each technology group would have three categories (see below).
- 6 prizes of Rs 50,000 each for winners; consolation prizes for runners-up
- Entries by winners and runners-up will be exhibited at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- Photos might be reproduced in Down To Earth magazine
The deadline for submission is
April 30, 2020 15 August 2020. Results and awarding of prizes will take place in May-June 2020.
Applications should be forwarded either by registered mail or courier to:
Clean Air Photo Contest
C/o Shivani Sharma
Collaborative Clean Air Policy Centre
Darbari Seth Block (TERI), India Habitat Centre
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
Click here for further information regarding Submission Requirements.
One thought on “Photo Competition on Clean Air India by Habitat Centre”
I have applied.