WWF India Invites Applications for Marine Conservation Programme
WWF India is looking for a dynamic and committed individual to be part of its Marine Conservation Programme to work towards the delivery of programme priorities. The selected individual will work closely with the Marine team as well as with other cross cutting teams within WWF India at the New Delhi Secretariat and in the states.
The position also offers opportunities to interact with the global WWF network, learn from innovative and emerging conservation initiatives and pilot innovative ideas.
Position Title: Senior Coordinator
Location: New Delhi
Job Profile: Selected candidate will be expected to contribute to various projects and institutional initiatives while taking lead responsibility for specific projects within his/her area of expertise and interest. She/He will also play a key role in project and program development and management, stakeholder engagement, research & analysis and communication.
Job responsibilities include:
- Leading the ongoing WWF India programme on shark conservation and management
- Working closely with the Finance and Admin team on coordination, reporting and monitoring of other marine projects
- Providing strategic input into program and project development
- Engaging with WWF India program teams on development and implementation of cross-cutting initiatives
- Engaging with external stakeholders and developing/managing partnerships
- Contributing to external and internal communications
- Representing WWF India at internal and external events and engaging with the wider WWF network globally on marine conservation issues
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- At least a Masters in Social Sciences/ Marine Ecology/ Wildlife Biology/ Fisheries Biology, or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience working with an NGO or similar organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English with working knowledge of at least one other regional language
Interested candidates can apply via Email to: email@example.com
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references. In addition, please share a Statement of Interest (in no more than 500 words).
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Senior Coordinator –Marine Programme”, in the subject line.
Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Last Date for sending applications: 5 April, 2020
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged. Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.