Photo Contest on Work4Youth by ILO
The ILO Youth Employment Programme (Geneva) is organizing a photo contest to shed light on youth employment issues, the challenges young people face in the workplace as well as their power to overcome them. The contest is entitled ‘WORK4YOUTH’ and is sponsored by The MasterCard Foundation. The objective of the contest is to highlight the challenges young people face in the workplace, as well as innovative ideas to address them.
Photos submitted by participants should capture youth at work (in different places and under various conditions) in a creative and original manner. Photographers are invited to focus specifically on working conditions, gender barriers, discrimination, informality, entrepreneurship, working poverty, migration, precarious work, and the rural economy, among others. Among the aspects sought from the photos are reflections of:
- Enthralling, enlightening and edifying moments of young workers/ job seekers;
- Indiscernible and hidden moments that provide insights into young workers/ jobseekers’ experiences in the labour market;
- Uplifting, contagious enthusiasm and inimitable energy of young job seekers/workers;
- Visions and expectations of young people.
Interested candidates are allowed to submit up to a maximum of 5 photos. Last date for photo submissions is 15 April 2013.
Terms and conditions:
- A maximum of 5 photos may be submitted by a photographer
- Photographers must be the sole author of the entries and hold all intellectual property rights to them
- To participate in the contest, photographers must be aged 18 years or older and residing in the eligible countries
- To enter the contest – ALL entries must include the OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (Click to Download) and must submit photos via email to email@example.com stating full name, age, sex and country
- The photographers must have received permission in writing from the subject(s) in the photos agreeing to the terms and conditions of the “WORK4YOUTH” photo contest
- Photos must be submitted with a title, date shot, location and caption
- Entries will only be accepted in digital format and must not be digitally enhanced or manipulated in any way
- Image files should be 10 MB or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image)
- Photos that have won awards in other photographic contests will not be considered
- Photos that have been published will not be considered
- Employees of the ILO are not eligible to participate in the contest;
- When entering the photo contest photographers agree to the terms and conditions.
A panel of judges will evaluate photos based on:
- Relevance to the objective of the contest
- Photo composition/lighting
1) Best photo: USD 1000
2) Second best photo: USD 500
3) Youth prize (entries of persons aged 18-29 years): USD 800
In addition, all the winning photos and other outstanding photographs will be selected for an online exhibition on the ILO website. After judging, all photographers whose work is selected for the online exhibition will be notified. Happy Clicking!
Image by Friends of urban forests via Flickr