The Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change (MoEFCC), Government of India invites applications for Consultant Coordinator for its Desertification Division. The initial tenure of engagement for a person as Consultant would be up to a period of three years subject to performance. Continuation of the Consultant beyond three years for up to additional two years may also be considered on case to case basis.
- Coordinate activities of the Desertification Cell and act as a link between MoEFCC, scientific institutions and stakeholder groups for performing various tasks
- Facilitate the preparation of 6th National Report to UNCCD and alignment of the National Action Programme (NAP) with UNCCD 10 Year Strategy
- Facilitate from MoEFCC, the National Focal Point for UNCCD in India in handling and coordinating Sustainable Land and Ecosystem Management (SLEM)-Country Partnership Programme (CPP) projects
- Review technical documents of UNCCD and provide inputs as required
- Prepare discussion papers, technical reports etc.
- Other tasks assigned from time to time.
- Master’s degree in Science or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology. PhD holders in the relevant field
will get preference.
- At least 7 years of experience working with government and non-governmental organizations in India in the field of environment, sustainable development, natural resources management with good knowledge of UNCCD/ UNFCCC/ CBD.
- Fluency in communicating and writing reports in English.
Rs. 80,000 per month.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may submit application indicating their interest in working for the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change as per proforma (click here to download) along with self-attested documentary proof. Selection will be based on an Interview.
The Consultant will be placed in the Delhi office of the MoEFCC. The maximum age limit for Consultants shall be 65 years as on 01.01.2020. The last date for applying is 7 July, 2020.
Click here to read the full details on the MoEFCC website. Completed applications must reach the following office.
Desertification Cell, Room No. A-512
Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
Paryavaran Bhawan, Jor Bagh
New Delhi – 110003